Wednesday, May 12, 2010

39 Days Left: To do or what not to do? That is the question.

It's May 12, 2010 today, and I have some bad news.....the Canucks are out of the playoffs. I'm so sad, they were supposed to bring back the cup to Vancouver before I left to China. Well there's always next year.
So, on Saturday, I went to a family dinner, with members of the China traveling group, where everyone was very excited about our upcoming trip. We talked about the different cities that we'll be going too, airplanes, food and vaccinations.
It turns out that I am the only one out of our China traveling members that is going to get shots for the trip. My mom has written out a whole list of shots that I have to take, which I am not very pleased about. Me and needles don't like each other. Although I did go through a bunch of acupuncture sessions, but it's not the same. So, I guess the question for everyone is, should I get shots or not? What do you guys think? Should I follow peer pressure, and do what all of my fellow China traveling members are doing? Or take shots, and hopefully I don't get any symptoms from the vaccinations. It's a hard decision, but I have to make it very soon.
As for my traveler's visa, I got one! But guess for how much? 5 freaking dollars! I couldn't believe it! I recently talked to a friend, and she said she paid $60 for her's. But I guess we're getting a discount, since our group is enormous.
And as for excitement..I'm actually still excited! I can't believe myself! I mean at first, I was a little nervous about traveling outside of the continent, since it's my first time and all, but I'm actually excited to venture out. I already prepared myself for the plane ride, even though I have like...39 days left. But I mean 13 hours is a long time. So, I'm bringing a bunch of books and 2 iPods, I know I'm weird. But I mean, what happens when one runs out of batteries? I'm also going to be blogging throughout my plane ride. Even though there's no internet way up in the sky, but I'll post my entries once I get internet, wherever that may be. I'm not sure if the hotels have internet. Actually, to tell you the truth, I don't even know what hotels I'm staying at. We'll just see when I get there, hopefully the hotels are nice...
Anyways, the sun is coming out here in Vancouver and the weather is nice. Too bad it's not going to be like this in China. Comfortable weather is all I need to survive. But scorching heat, I don't know. I'm actually scared about the weather. I think I'm going to buy a case of water. And a nice summer dress :)
Enjoy the weather everybody! I have 39 more days left, can't the days go by any faster??

No comments:

Post a Comment