Saturday, May 8, 2010

43 Days Left!

Today is May 8, 2010 and I'm actually feeling quite anxious to get to China. I have no idea what has gotten into me, but I'm actually excited. Can you believe it? I would have never thought..
Well, as of today, I still haven't gotten my shots or my visa. Which may be a bad thing. However, tonight I am having dinner with the members of my trip, so maybe I'll get some advice from them as to where I should get my visa and which shots I should take. But then again, they may be as clueless as I am.
Anyways, you may be wondering why I'm so excited to get to China. Well the first thing that comes to my mind, is that I really want to go on vacation. I want to get away from everyday life here in Vancouver. A couple of days ago, if you asked me the same question, I would probably have told you that I'm not all that excited. I have no idea what has changed my mind, maybe it's just the mood that I'm in today...
Tomorrow I'm going to be heading down to the States to do some China "clothing" shopping. I want to find some nice runners for the trip to make my feet comfortable as I hike up the Great Wall of China. I know I'm going to be doing lots of walking, so why don't I invest in some comfortable shoes? Also, of course, I want to buy some summer items I can wear to fight the hot and gross China weather.
I can't believe I have 43 more days left. It seems like ages from now, but I know it'll go by fast. I am excited to go to China today. But tomorrow, will it be the same? I don't know.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I hope you have a relaxing day spent with a wine glass in your hand and a foot or back massage given by your significant other or children. I'll be definitely needing one of those when I get back from my trip!
Also, be on the look out for guest bloggers writing on this blog. I'm going to ask if any of my other China traveling members would be interested in bloging and giving their point of view.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
And GO CANUCKS GO. I mean it this time boys! Pick up your game!

No comments:

Post a Comment