Friday, June 25, 2010

Up In The Air. Beijing here I come!


So, as I write this, I am flying over somewhere in Siberia. My cousin Matthew is sitting to my left and my cousin Jordan is sitting to my right. I was actually surprised that they served good food on the flight. The in-flight meal was a choice of either beef or chicken with a side of rice. I chose chicken, which was pretty good. A little spicy and a little sweet, but didn’t come with any vegetables. Although, the beef choice came with vegetables with pieces of gai-lan and lo-bak. The meal came with salad, a dinner roll, and some sort of cheese cake, which I must say was pretty darn good. They also served a tuna salad sandwich, which I gave to my cousin, because it was probably the most unappetizing sandwich I have ever seen. It also smelled funny. Hopefully, he doesn’t get sick!
I have a good 4 hours left on this plane ride. My feet are swollen, my thighs and back hurt and I seem to be really tired, but can’t sleep. I tried stretching my legs, and walking around, but it didn’t help much. There is no air conditioning on this plane, which means the atmosphere is very humid and disgustingly sweaty. The movies on the plane are okay. I’m currently paused at the movie “Bride Wars”. Matthew is watching Sherlock Holmes, which he finds very boring. But I think the most awesome feature that the plane provides are cameras filming the outside of the plane.
Oh, and before I forget, just my luck, I already broke my pair of headphones. I think I either stepped on them, while they were in my backpack, or their just really crappy. Also, my hand lotion exploded in my purse. But luckily I put it in a zip lock!
Anyways, I can’t wait to land in Beijing, get something to eat and then hit the sack at the hotel. I’m super tired and I’m pretty sure that I won’t be able to adapt to the jet lag. So, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment